Monday, February 13, 2012

Do you wanna get gelled?



Hey I'm Cheryl, but all my friends call me Cherbear. This is my blog for my English 100 class. I've never had a blog before, but I've always wondered what they were all about. They seem pretty interesting, and I'm curious to see how it works with this class. In the past I have enjoyed posting ideas or thoughts online for previous classes, so I am looking forward to using this blog. I also like how you can customize your blog name and profile, which makes it more personal. So here I go with my first blog post! For our homework, we were supposed to choose an advertisement and talk about it. The picture above is the ad I chose from the February 2012 Cosmopolitan magazine. The product being sold is the new Gel color from the nail polish brand OPI. The message here is that if you want to have a nice manicure, be up to date with the new Gel color, and be stylish and pretty, you should use this (gel) nail polish. The audience, for this ad, is young and mature women who are sophisticated, like to look classy, and that like to get pampered. Besides the product, beauty and individuality is being sold because the celebrity (Anna Paquin) is wearing a certain Gel nail color. She is also pretty and blonde, with long curled hair, flawless skin, a cute dress and well done make up. Who wouldn't want this new nail polish right?!

No comments:

Post a Comment