Friday, May 4, 2012

Movie Review



The movie I chose to review is Shark Tale. The directors of the movie are Vicky Jenson, Bibo Bergeron, and Rob Letterman. The main characters of the movie are Will Smith who plays Oscar (main character), Robert De Niro who plays the most feared shark, Renee Zellweger who plays Angie, Oscar's best friend, and Jack Black who plays Lenny the vegetarian shark. I picked this movie to review because I am a fan of funny kids movies. They seem to have adult humor in them, which kids wouldn't understand but are entertaining for adults. I don't have any younger siblings, but I do have a lot of younger cousins who I would watch many kids movies with. The genre is comedy and kids. There is a definite message in the movie, that if you use lying to get to the top (the top of the reef in this case) and you eventually reach stardom, you don't feel good about yourself because of the lies you used to get there. But if you tell the truth to those that love and care about you, then you will have a better life then you pictured and be happy after all. I really liked the movie's style because it was funny and thrilling, and sentimental at the same time. I thought it was funny how they had a vegetarian shark,(Lenny) and his family of sharks were portrayed as an Italian mafia and were major meat eaters (as obviously sharks are in real life). Oscar of course falls in love with a pretty yet shallow fish, but realizes his true love is Angie all along. There are many more characters that are very entertaining in the movie too but you have to watch it! It is a cute story line and I think teaches kids a good lesson also. It's a good movie to watch with your children because an adult can enjoy the humor as well. I would say thumbs up and watch it! Not a waste of time if you like humorous kids movies.

1 comment:

  1. I like what you pulled out of this movie as its message. Well said.

    ReplyDelete